I'm an engineer at Banked : where I work on the company's Checkout product.
I've been an engineer for 5 years and during that time I've:
- Worked at lean startups that built and shipped systems in a few weeks; that dealt with millions of requests per month.
- Consulted, and worked in large companies that have been around for decades. Helping them to focus on user centric design and development; taking them on the journey.
- Joined companies and shifted the development paradigm in the first few months. Shaving thousands of dollars off the monthly operating costs; focusing on key DevOps metrics like time to deploy and time to recovery and change failure rate while building engineering cultures that get recognition all the way up to C-Level.
While software is fun and I enjoy my time spent finessing fine details; my current areas of interest are firmly set in how businesses (particularly software and start-ups) make good decisions.
I'm currently reading:
- Domain Driven Design - Tackling complexity in the heart of software
- Ship of Magic - A novel of the Liveship Traders
I listen to a lot of podcasts 🎧